Easy to use, and more effective than traditional barriers, Xypex coatings, dryshake, and additives make concrete better by waterproofing, protecting and enhancing its durability. XYPEX is also approved for potable water tanks.
The Xypex crystalline process works deep inside the concrete mass to prevent the penetration of water and aggressive chemicals. In contrast, barrier-type products function only at the surface of the concrete. Because Xypex is not dependent on surface adhesion, it is resistant to extreme hydrostatic pressure. It is not subject to the deterioration problems encountered by membranes. This fantastic product seals hairline cracks up to 0.4 mm and is permanent and reactivates whenever water is present. The Xypex Advantage • Xypex is available as a coating, dry shake or additive.
• Xypex coatings do not require a dry surface; in fact, a wet surface is necessary.
• Xypex coatings can be applied to either side of the concrete.
• Xypex cannot puncture, tear or come apart at the seams.
• Xypex does not require costly surface priming or leveling and is less costly to apply than most other methods.
• Xypex does not require sealing, lapping and finishing of seams at corners, edges or between membranes.
• Protection during backfilling or during placement of steel, wire mesh or other materials is not required.
Xypex Product Line
The most chemically active product within the Xypex Crystalline Waterproofing System.
Xypex Restora-Top products are designed specifically for the repair and rehabilitation of horizontal concrete surfaces such as warehouse floors, bridge decks, roads, curbs, and walkways where the repaired area must be returned to normal service within two hours of the completed repair.